Blackheads fall under the type of acne know as vulagris known as open comedones. They are a common problem especially in teenagers. There are many ways to remove blackheads. One of them is homemade face masks. Homemade face masks for blackheads are helpful and effective; they may be the solution for your problem.
Homemade Face masks for Blackheads
1. LEMON JUICE AND SUGAR:- One of the most common and effective homemade face masks for blackheads is a mixture of lemon juice and sugar. Add a table spoon of sugar in few drops of lemon juice. Then gently spread the mixture on your face and concentrate on the affected areas. Massage on the areas having blackheads in circular motion.And then wash it with fresh water.
2. MILK: - Wash your face with milk daily, as there is lactic acid in milk and that helps in removing the dead skin.
3. LEMON JUICE AND OLIVE OIL:- This is another easy and effective homemade face masks for blackheads. All you have to do is to mix few drops of lemon juice and 3 drops of olive oil. Then gently rub the mask on the area containing blackheads. Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes than wash it. For best results, use it on daily bases.
4. YOGURT, OATMEAL AND LEMON JUICE: - This is one of the most effective homemade face masks for blackheads. Mix 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal oil. Apply the mixture on your face and leave the mask for 8 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
5. CORNSTARCH:- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch with vinegar. Apply this paste on the areas having blackheads and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Remove the past by rinsing your face with lukewarm water.
6. SALT: - All you have to do is to wash the affected areas with salted water every other day.
7. TOMATOE MASK:- As tomatoes have abundance of vitamin C, vitamin A and citric acid thus making it one of the most effective natural blackhead remover. Crush a tomato and mix it with avocado. Apply the mask gently on your skin and leave it for 15 minutes and then risen it with fresh water. You can even use tomato paste, if there is unavailability of fresh tomatoes.
8. Egg White Masks:- One of the most commonly used homemade face masks for blackheads is egg white mask. It is really easy to make and it only takes your few minutes. One reason of it being effective is that it has the capacity to tighten your face in just a short period. Separate the egg yolk from its white. Beat the white part of the egg. Add a teaspoon of honey in it. Apply the paste with cotton swab gently. Leave it for 5 minutes, and then gently remove the egg whites off using a warm wet cloth by scrubbing.
9. GRAPEFRUIT JUICE:- Mix one tablespoon of oatmeal with ¼ cup of grapefruit juice. Grapefruit juice will add vitamin C and A and oatmeal exfoliates adds vitamin B to your skin. Apply the mask for 15 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water and then with cold water. Apply this homemade face masks for blackheads once a week.
10. HERBAL MASK:- Use coriander , peppermint and lemon grass. Stir the ingredients in boiled water, and wait until the mixture is completely cold. Apply the mixture on your face for 20 minutes and then wash your face with cool water. You can use fresh or dry herbals
11. APPLESAUCE FACIAL:- This is another homemade face masks for blackheads that is wonderful for your skin as it is rich in nutrients due to apples. Apples have acids, pectin and tannin in them and help your skin to become moister, soft and nourished. Mix applesauce with white germ or brown sugar. Use equal parts of both the ingredients. Apply the mask on your face for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
The above listed are few of the homemade face masks for blackheads. There are many other masks to remove blackheads.